SPECIAL INTRO OFFER- $300 FOR FIRST SESSION
$100 FOR A TOUCH UP(6-12 weeks)
$150 FOR A TOUCH UP(after 12 weeks)
Call today to set up a FREE consultation!
WHAT IS MICROBLADING?
Microblading, sometimes called feather or embroidery brows, is a semi-permanent technique similar to a tattoo. This manual approach doesn’t use a machine, but rather a hand tool and a sterile, disposable blade made up of tiny needles. Pigment is deposited into the epidermis in crisp, hair like strokes, giving you a natural looking eyebrow that will last 1-3 years.
Microblading is an excellent solution for anyone with sparse brows due to over-plucking or waxing, alopecia, chemotherapy or just natural thinning. It can be used to fill in light or sparse brows or to give you an entirely new shape, adding definition to your whole face. Well shaped eyebrows can give you an instant eyelift and a more youthful appearance.
Is microblading safe?
Yes, it is very safe but if you have any of the following conditions please let me know first:
- pregnant or nursing
- history of keloids
- pacemaker, heart condition or high blood pressure
- taking any blood thinners
- allergy to lidocaine or anything from the “caine” family
- allergy to latex
- had Botox in the past 2 months
- taken Accutane in the past year
- had surgery in the past year
How long does it take?
The appointment is approximately 2 hours. When you arrive I will apply a topical anaesthetic to the brow area which will stay on for 30 minutes. Then we’ll discuss what your vision is and choose a colour. When the anaesthetic has taken effect we will start designing your brow- the microblading doesn’t begin until you are completely happy with the shape and colour choice. The actual microblading lasts for 30-40 minutes and a numbing agent can be applied throughout the procedure to ensure you’re as comfortable as possible. Keep in mind, it is not pain free and some people are more bothered by it than others. It is most definitely worth it though!
How long does it take to heal?
The initial healing process will take 7-10 days but they aren’t considered completely healed until 6 weeks. At this point you will book your touch up appointment to fill in any spots where the pigment didn’t take and to fine tune the colour and shape. There is no charge for the touch up, provided you come in between 6-12 weeks after the first appointment.
What should I expect?
Immediately after the procedure there might be some redness and slight swelling. This shouldn’t last more than 24 hours. For the first 2 days your eyebrows will appear quite dark, but will fade and soften over the week. The colour generally fades 20- 40% as the tissue heals but some areas may fade more. We can always adjust the tint during your touch up if the result is too light.
What to do pre and post procedure
- Avoid alcohol, aspirin, ibuprofen, niacin and any blood thinning medication 48 hours prior to your appointment
- Do not wax, tweeze or tint your eyebrows for one week before
- Avoid tanning for a week before
- No chemical peels 60 days before or after
- Avoid working out the day of the procedure and for at least 2 days after as sweat can pull the pigment out
- No retinols or anti-aging creams containing acids for at least 30 days after your procedure
- Rinse the area with water onlyand apply a thin layer of coconut oil for 7-10 days
- Avoid touching the area except for when cleansing and applying coconut oil for 7-10 days
What are your safety practices?
I am fully insured and adhere to the industry standards for safety and sterilization. I was trained and certified in HDI Embroidery Eyebrows at Lash Forever Canada, which has the most extensive course in the industry. I have also completed a bloodborne pathogens course and am confident in providing you with the safest experience possible.
***Below are some pictures of Janna’s work***